Shoulder Instability

The deeper we get into the season, the more my shoulder problems start to show. Since my Freshman year of college, I was diagnosed with shoulder instability where my shoulders often partially dislocate, also known as subluxation. Year after year I go through this problem where i've actually had surgery on my left rotator cuff and labrum, and my right shoulder just pops out often and builds tension in my traps. All season I was good until Cal U where my shoulder popped out the last play. Since this has happened every semester of my college football career, I wonder what is the source of my problem. Is it the way I train over the summer and during the season, is it my play style being hard or my shoulders, or is it just that football is a brutal sport? The root of this question comes from the same injuries every year and not really injuring any other body part.

Comments